We are two weeks into our five week RV trip and this is what I’ve learned about RVing so far:
- Always make sure the parking break is off the car that you are towing, it can really slow you down.
- Don’t have the air conditioner at 70 degrees when it’s 99 degrees outside, run the toaster, coffeemaker, and electric skillet all at the same time. It blows a fuse.
- An RV+PMS=chaos, plus all of the chocolate for S’mores disappearing (sorry kids)!
- Never, ever, ever open the fridge when you are rounding a turn while the RV is moving! We did this twice which caused a river of maple syrup to run down the inside of our RV at Yellowstone and a waterfall of chili and milk in the Grand Tetons!
- Pyrex cups are awesome! You can use them as bowls and they fit great into cup holders.
- Always bring in your awning when you are not using it. Don’t leave it out at night. Ours was almost ripped off by a windstorm at 2am in South Dakota.
- Family Update